Tuesday 15 March 2011

35. Annie Hall

What it's about
It's a love story, kind of.

What I thought
Boring.

What Mum thought
Mum can't remember whether she has seen this one before. "This film has a lot of strengths. A few A list cameos, some cartoon work, some breaking of the fourth wall, interesting subtitles... Allen used every gimmick available to make this film unique, and it won him some Oscars. Having said that, I giggled a bit at a few of the jokes, but then, as I am often found doing with Woody Allen films, I got bored. The film may be one of the shortest on the list yet it felt like it went on forever. Keaton was very good, I just find Allen annoying, and his films kind of end up being mashed together into one for me, that's why I can't remember whether I've seen it before or not."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "I was pleasantly surprised by this film. I was wary of Woody Allen films as he's usually portrayed as a character of himself. I didn't know how much of the neurotic I could take but at just over 90 minutes, Annie Hall was just the right length.
I enjoyed the breaks in the fourth wall and the insane bits such as Snow White animation or when he was standing in line at the cinema.
Overall I thought this is a good romantic comedy."

No comments:

Post a Comment