Sunday 22 April 2012

66. Raiders of the Lost Ark


What it's about
A very cool man with a whip goes looking for treasure some baddies want too. Nazis again!

What I thought
I loved it. Lots of action and funny melty faces. 

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this before. A few times. "These film scared me so much as a kid. Not only the tense moments where you worry for Indy's life (I mean as a kid here) but the horrific image of the faces melting haunted me for weeks after seeing it for the first time. Now my kids just sit there unaffected by the whole thing, okay it's dated and plasticine effects hold no fear, but I was close to disowning them for being so indifferent over this."
 
What Dad thought
Dad's seen this many, many times before. "This film sets the bar for the action-adventure and I've loved it since I was a child. The soundtrack is awesome, the bolder scene immense and it introduce a line over a map representing travel. I love everything about this film because it is awesome. 
The direction, the performance, the dialogue, all combine to make it one of my favourite films of all time."

No comments:

Post a Comment