Monday 23 April 2012

67. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

What it's about
Two very bitter people try to make two other people bitter too.

What I thought
Not a lot for me here. I liked the music, but the rest was a bit boring for me.

What Mum thought
First time for Mum. "Wow, just wow! I've been a little disappointed with most of the ones I hadn't seen before, this one was just brilliant, an absolute masterpiece! As close to perfect as you can get, wonderful performances, beautifully dark and complex characters, a great storyline and plot twist, even if the twist and ending were inevitable. Cinematography was great, the dialogue superbly written, a subtle, yet beautiful score... Need I go on? If you haven't seen this one before, go and treat yourself."
 
What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "Another film to come out of nowhere and blow me away. The film was a play before being translated to film and this really comes across in the clever dialogue and writing. The performances were first rate, Taylor had me choking back tears. During this blog I've given my opinion on films but I've not said whether you should take the trouble to see a film...
You should see this film!"


No comments:

Post a Comment