Friday 15 July 2011

48. Rear Window

What it's about
A man thinks he sees a neighbour kill his wife.

What I thought
I thought Grace Kelly was pretty and I liked the music.

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this one before. "Kelly, Stewart and Hitchcock. A winning combination and another film I've seen a few times before. Whilst this isn't my favourite Hitchcock film (North by Northwest if anyone is wondering) it's certainly in my top 3. I love the illusion of voyeurism, only seeing things from Stewart's POV, the smaller, quite touching stories of the other neighbours. Of course, I mustn't forget Thelma Ritter as the brilliant and witty Stella."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "Really enjoyed this film. I've seen this parodied so many times and have always wanted to see it. Liked the script, the camera work, and the extraordinary ability to create atmosphere just from a guy looking out a window."

No comments:

Post a Comment