Tuesday 26 July 2011

51. West Side Story

What it's about
Romeo and Juliet with music, set in 50s New York.

What I thought
Loved the music

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this one before. "Gotta love a musical. Especially one as dynamic as this one. Some good acting in there, just watch it and let the music and dancing lead you through this tragic story. First time my daughters had seen it and it took some comforting to calm my youngest girl down at the end of it."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "To be fair, I like this version of Romeo and Juliet. Songs were good, the choreography were all right. I didn't love it, I liked it. It was okay. No nuns or Nazis in it though."

4 comments:

  1. Top 100 it may be, but it's a musical which means it won't ever appear on my list!!! Don't do musicals :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be one musical you like. Everyone has at least one musical, even if it's The Lion King :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. There're a lot of really good films completely ruined by a bit of singing (in my opinion :-) ). Sweeny Todd was the most recent one that really annoyed me... But after a bit of a think there are a few musicals that have slipped through my tight net... Blues Brothers, Jungle Book & Moulin Rouge (although a certain Nicole Kidman may've had a slight sway on this one!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't see the reply. So films that happen to have a bit of singing - okay/good, films that are made around the songs - bad?

    ReplyDelete